Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cough Cough Sniff Sniff

via 

You know how I know winter's coming (other than the colors of the leaves changing)?? I know winter's on its way when I get that obligatory annoying cold that's uninvitingly become a right of passage into the colder months. It's awful: runny nose, sore throat, coughing.... And, of course, all the icing on the cake -- tied to a box of tissues, labeled "The Sick Kid" in the office, people avoid you like the plague... Yeah.

It was my goal to avoid getting sick this winter, but that didn't last long because the second the words "I will not get sick this winter" left my mouth..... I got sick (literally).  I'm starting to get pretty restless with minimal workouts and easy runs, so I need to get better soon!

New goal: don't get sick twice in one winter. Let's see if it I can do it!

Do you have any cold remedies that you live by? How do you deal with getting sick and working out? Help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat unfortunately. As soon as I thought about not getting sick, lo and behold my nose started running. Worst timing! Ive still been trying to do stretches but a far as working out, that's been put on hiatus for now.

My mom swears that raspberrie jam used as sugar in tea can cure anything. I think it's just an awsome way to soothe a sore throat.

xx
thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com