Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Love and a Rant...

I saw this on Pintrest last night and couldn't resist posting it today...
 This is how it should be.
I instantly fell in love.
(Sorry Rob, I'm cheating on you..... with a food pyramid. Wait, what? ...Nevermind)
It's perfect, it makes sense.
Eat the most of the things that contain vital and naturally-occurring nutrients.
It's how we should all eat.

Eventually, I cooled my jets and stopped lusting over a food pyramid and started to think about the old pyramid...
What I was taught in grammar school.

Do you remember this bad Larry? Yeah, it's bad.
CEREAL is listed as one of the food groups in which you should consume the most of...
Last time I checked, most brand name cereals had more than the recommended daily sugar allowance in just one serving.
What, did General Mills produce this thing?
It's not on the pyramid, but I'm sure whoever developed this would have put bagels in the same category, and I know from first hand experience (uh, nothing cures a hangover better than a bagel and cream cheese) that a bagel everyday will only make you fat.
Nevermind the recommended 6-11 bagels.
 That thing is archaic.

Anyway, I digress.
 I just wanted to show my beloved pyramid with you all.
Print it out, tape it to your fridge, and live by it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you feel about Michelle Obama's "Food Plate"?

I guess the plate is split into four sections, for fruit, vegetables, grains and protein. With a smaller circle beside it for dairy products.

Very similar to the Pintrest food pyramid you posted.